>You Gov Poll Commends Coalition budget to the House

>A poll for the Sun by YouGov has show widespread support for the Coalition’s budget, announced by Chancellor George Osborne on Tuesday.

The poll shows that 49% blame Labour most for the cuts contained in the “tough but fair” budget. Some 18% blame both Labour and the Coalition for the cuts, meaning in total 67% in total blame Labour to some degree. Furthermore, most think that the Coalition is best for  the economy.

The poll also shows that 82% support the cut in tax credits for families earning more than £40,000 a year, and 59% back the three-year freeze in child benefit rates

There is one significant, if unsurprising anomaly though: 54% oppose the increase of VAT rate to 20%.

 The poll is published and analysed on the Yougov website, and marks a significant show of support in the new Government.

Reading list:
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=charlotsblog-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=B0030IMB7E&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr   http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=charlotsblog-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=0534602746&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifrhttp://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=charlotsblog-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=B0029SK2Z4&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr

Advertisements

One Comment to “>You Gov Poll Commends Coalition budget to the House”

  1. >The irony is that the 17.5% – 15% – 17.5% Labour exercise was a test to see if an increase to 20% would be accepted. I don't recall riots and starving children on the streets when it went back up to 17.5%…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: